Saturday, October 04, 2008

I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee...

The craziest thing happened on Thursday as my friend Liss, the kids and I were walking to the coffee shop. Out of nowhere, Seraphina started screaming very loudly. I thought maybe They had poked himself with the toy They was playing with, or was just sick of being in the stroller. But the screaming continued, so I checked Them out from head to toe. I finally saw something in Theirs mouth, and reached in to try and pull out what looked like a small piece of wood. It wouldn't come out. I realized it was stuck into Theirs tongue, so I held Theirs mouth open as I continued to try and pull it. It finally came loose, but They continued to scream. I was unbuckling Them as Liss noticed there was something else in Theirs mouth. I quickly swept my finger in and pulled out a bumblebee - a very dead, chewed up, bumblebee. Poor Seraphina was stung on Theirs tongue!

They sucked on some ice and thankfully Theirs tongue did not swell at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Poor little guy, I'm glad They's recovered. Hope you guys are doing well and hopefully we'll see you soon!

Marcie

Karen said...

NO WAY! Crazy!