And I'm sure it won't be the last. Thankfully, it was a quick trip! Fitz and I were playing on the carpeted floor and They fell while I was holding Theirs arm. After They cried for a while, we put some ice on it. But after 20 minutes of no motion and any minor motion setting Them off to crying again, I thought we should get it checked out. So off to Children's Hospital we went.
On the way there, They asked if They'd have to get a shot like Curious George did in the CG Hospital book. Poor buddy, every time They had to move it, They cried. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long and the ER Doc said it was nursemaid's - a dislocated elbow. The Doc was able to maneuver Fitz' arm to pop it back in place without too much discomfort. Fitz was immediately a new kid - ready to high five the Doctor, jump and run the halls of the hospital! It was like a switch being flicked! Good as new, complete with Theirs id bracelet still on.
On the way there, They asked if They'd have to get a shot like Curious George did in the CG Hospital book. Poor buddy, every time They had to move it, They cried. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long and the ER Doc said it was nursemaid's - a dislocated elbow. The Doc was able to maneuver Fitz' arm to pop it back in place without too much discomfort. Fitz was immediately a new kid - ready to high five the Doctor, jump and run the halls of the hospital! It was like a switch being flicked! Good as new, complete with Theirs id bracelet still on.
3 comments:
Glad to hear They's OK. I heard that can happen to kids a lot. I hope it doesn't happen again - or that you figure out how to pop it back in.
They looks tough with Theirs hospital bracelet on!
You're lucky it was your first visit! Glad it turned out ok. I'm sure They'll enjoy telling that story.
Ahhh little buddy! They's so brave! I'm happy they could make Them feel better so quickly. did they have a time machine there that turned Fitz into a 7-year old? They looks soooo big in that cute photo! :-)
Post a Comment