Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Obama's Inauguration

We walked to the south of the Capitol and then west down the mall...

All the way to the Washington Monument. Along the way, we were in crowds of people, and saw people on top of statues, port-o-potties and in trees, trying to catch a glimpse! Fitz had a nap along the way, while Chloe was on Ben's shoulder's trying to see Obama.

Click and zoom to see Vice President Biden being sworn in


And although we couldn't see much, we could hear. This is immediately after President Obama took Theirs oath - so exciting and the crowds went wild! I will never forget the moment, standing underneath the Washington Monument
Heading home, and you can see the crowds in the background, this was near the Lincoln Memorial. It was a great day and we were so glad to be a part of it all!

1 comment:

Juju said...

There aren't enough layers in the world... but that's awesome. I love going to Inaugural events. I mean, you're never close, but you're still there and the crowds are freaking electrifying. I can only imagine what it was like this time around!! How fun.